The five Aerial Services staff members represent a cross-section of talent at the company. Both long/short term and management/production staff is represented. The certified individuals include:
- Mike Tully, President & CEO, #46777
- Walter Ertz, Vice President & COO, #61404
- Coral Schneberger, Project Manager/Digital Mapping Manager, #61213
- Chris Berggren, Aerotriangulation Specialist, #61542
- Craig J. Thede, GIS Manager, #61214
In 1999, the Urban and Regional Information Systems Association (URISA) formed a committee to explore GIS certification within the profession and society. This lead to the creation of the GISCI which has certified these five Aerial Services’ staff members as certified Geographic Information Systems Professionals (GISP). This means these individuals will:
- meet minimum standards for educational achievement, professional experience, and manner in which he or she contributes back to the profession.
- abide by higher guidelines for ethical behavior.
- be educated and reeducated while preparing for recertification.
- have had their professional background scrutinized and reviewed by an independent third party organization.
- be more than a practitioner of GIS technology.
- be a professional.
“The addition of the GISP certification process is valuable,” stated Aerial Services’ Vice President & COO, Walter Ertz. “It allows the public, clients, colleagues, and employers to better evaluate the accuracy and quality of the work provided by their GIS professionals. We are proud to have five GISPs on our team and feel it shows our ample experience in GIS technology and geospatial solutions.”
Full details regarding the GISCI & GISP can be found by visiting the certification website at www.gisci.org. If you would like to learn more about Aerial Services’ GISPs, capabilities, and experience, please visit their website at www.AerialServicesInc.com. You may also contact Aerial Services toll-free at 877-274-4447 to discuss project quotations, options, and other mapping questions.