Aerial Services Inc. – A leading geospatial provider for over 50 years is seeking experienced LiDAR personal for their Cedar Falls, IA office. Successful candidate(s) will be highly motivated, self -reliant and have a true passion in the geospatial field.
Role and Responsibility
- Perform airborne LiDAR calibration, classification, editing, feature extraction, mapping, derivative product generation, and QA/QC.
- Work closely with LiDAR Manager and the production team.
- Work remotely with adequate internet/VPN access OR at Cedar Falls, IA headquarters.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of LiDAR derivate products (classification, hydro flattening, contours, and mapping from LiDAR data).
- Experience with MicroStation and Terrasolid suite (TerraMatch, TerraScan, TerraModeler, TerraSlave)
- Ability to grow and adapt knowledge of software to meet production needs
- Is proactive and constantly looking to improve or increase efficiency of processes
- Preparedness to change schedule or work overtime as needed for the successful completion of a project
- Willing to help in other areas of production when needed. Will undergo training as needed to complete projects on time
- Follows company policies & attends company meetings
- Must be based in the United States
- Experience with USGS 3DEP including workflows, deliverables, and reports
- Programming and batch scripting knowledge for automating workflows
- Ability to improve boresight calibrations of Riegl and Leica systems
- Ability to generate reports and metadata
- Knowledge of other LiDAR software such as LP360, LasTools, CloudCompare, etc.
- Certification from ASPRS or other professional organizations
- Seeks out professional development opportunities to expand knowledge in the field, such as workshops, conferences, webinars, and certification.
- Ortho experience
- 3D Vector Mapping experience
This position requires sitting (70%), standing (15%), and walking (15%). Additional physical requirements are as follows:
- Observe, review, evaluate, and assist with operations and tasks.
- The ability to access file cabinets that stand at various heights.
- The ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The ability to work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines.
- The ability to understand, speaks, and follows English instructions.
- The efficient use of accepted tools of the trade; i.e., computers, computer monitors, mouse, keyboard, and maps.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, colour vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Dayshift hours primarily
- Some travel required for training and other position related situations
Position may require working overtime