Aerial Services, Inc. is a veteran-owned small business corporation delivering quality geospatial solutions with speed, accuracy, and innovation since 1967. ASI offers a full line of geospatial services. All phases of a project are produced in-house from the acquisition of the photography and LiDAR data, ground control and survey, to the delivery of the digital 3D mapping data, orthophotography, terrain models, LiDAR classification, and/or GIS solution. The breadth of services compliments the corporate culture and reputation for producing geospatial services known for quality, accuracy, and timeliness.
Aerial Services is currently seeking an attentive, detail-oriented Airborne Sensor operator to join our team. The primary responsibility is to acquire conventional photography, digital imagery, LiDAR, GPS and IMU data while aboard an aircraft. The chosen candidate will have the chance to work for one of the top geospatial companies in the United States. Successful candidate will have the opportunity to train on the job in a variety of skill-set areas, including GPS surveying, airborne trajectory processing and remote sensing utilizing aerial film, digital imaging, and LiDAR sensors. Frequent travel and willingness/ability to work on-board single and twin-engine aircraft.
As a Sensor Operator with Aerial Services you will operate sensor equipment during flight missions. In addition, you will monitor sensor equipment during the flight for proper operation, alignment and calibration communication and interpersonal skills will make you effective in your role as you work with the Pilot and the Management team to determine the daily flight mission plan. This position does not require experience working with aircraft or LiDAR.
Essential Job Functions Include:
- Ability to fly in a light-twin/single engine aircraft at low altitude with occasional turbulence.
- Operate airborne LiDAR, GPS, conventional camera, digital camera and IMU equipment during flight. Monitor navigation equipment during the flight to ensure proper tracking and altitude.
- Download and ship acquisition imagery data post flight.
- Prepare & maintain flight log, daily reports, and other paperwork after each flight mission. Assist in the removal, repair, and installation of airborne sensor equipment.
- Assist in creating detailed flight survey plans.
- Assist the pilot in coordination with FAA facilities to arrange airspace clearance. Ability to travel up to 75% of the time (domestic).
- Schedule includes weekends, holidays and seasonal deployments that may last up to 4 weeks during peak seasons.
Qualifications/Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- High School diploma required; college degree preferred. Must hold Valid Driver’s License.
- Proficient using flight planning software and GPS session planning software tools. Ability to assess weather suitability for flight missions.
- Strong computer/technical skills (MS Office Suite).
- Private Pilots Certificate (Preferred)
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com